On-demand compute instances that scale with your business and are paid by the hour.
The features listed below are available in all our compute instance flavours:
- Launch, manage and terminate compute instances (virtual machines) in seconds.
- Full root/admin access to your compute instances.
- Console access to your compute instances via the web browser.
- Choose the size of your compute instance and resize it whenever you need.
- Select the network(s) a compute instance is connected to.
- Manage your SSH access keys which can be injected into compute instances (Linux/Unix) for access control.
- Manage the security groups (firewall rules) that will be applied to a compute instance, for enhanced security.
- Bootstrap compute instances from public or private pre-configured machine images.
- Make automatic changes to compute instances at boot time using a custom configuration script.
- Snapshot compute instances, so you can instantly clone them or retain a working version before making changes to it.
- EC2 compatible APIs, enabling customers to more easily transition from Amazon AWS.
- High-availability. Running instances are restarted automatically on another server in the event of server failures.
- Live migration for planned maintenance of our physical servers, so your compute instances are not affected during server hardware maintenance.
: OpenStack provides an EC2 API end-point that supports the most common operations of EC2.
A single compute instance delivers 99.95% availability (maximum of 21.56 minutes of downtime per month, excluding planned maintenances). You can combine multiple compute instances on the same or different regions to increase the availability of your web applications.
Want to learn more? Check out our tutorial showing how you can launch your first compute instance or the documentation of the compute service.
Estimate your monthly cost easily using our online calculator
Compute Service per hour pricing
Find out the exact price per hour on our price list:
|Flavour||vCPUs||RAM (GB)||Price per hour||Price per month|