Senior Cloud Engineer, Catalyst Cloud, Wellington NZ
Our mission is to progress, maintain and protect the Catalyst Cloud, delivering amazing service levels and features to our customers. Our values of openness, freedom, collaboration and respect are important to us. We are a company that is committed to equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or sexuality.
The Catalyst Cloud is New Zealand’s most advanced cloud computing service with an increasing number of customers trusting mission critical systems to it. We are the platform of choice for organizations that host systems in New Zealand and require innovative cloud infrastructure.
We hire people from both system operations and software development backgrounds. Strong candidates will have experience with both.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work on systems design, release engineering, automation, and operations. You will have full access and authority to improve, fix, and extend the code and processes used to provide our cloud services. Familiarity with running production environments is crucial, along with understanding of Linux internals and networking.
We are proud to be the dedicated and passionate team backing the services that our customers enjoy and trust. We are always ready to step in to keep our networks and systems running, so that our customers experience the best cloud services possible.
- Design and implement software and processes to maximise service levels and operational efficiency.
- Release engineering, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automation.
- Day to day operations of cloud infrastructure.
- Influence the design and implementation of a large-scale distributed system.
- Be on periodic on-call duty using a follow the sun model.
- A strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn.
- Experience working with Linux and open source software.
- Experience with networks and network equipment (e.g. OSI layers 1-4).
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g. Python, Bash).
- Experience with configuration management and automation systems (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with cloud software (e.g. OpenStack).
- Experience with distributed storage systems (e.g. Ceph, Swift, GlusterFS)
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV and include a cover letter to tell us why you would like to work with us. Email email@example.com.