SDLT as a Service ensures complete transparency and audibility of all your security and assurance workflows for your projects and products.
Originally developed by Catalyst for the New Zealand Transport Agency, SDLT is an innovative tool that automates essential aspects of the security assurance process and embeds security requirements earlier into the product development lifecycle.
The framework aligns with common government security classifications and risk assessment practices to deliver "security by design" across your product and technology teams.
Speed up product delivery
Eliminate spreadsheets and connect your teams, suppliers and governance.
By digitising and automating previously document-based workflows, the SDLT enables the simplification of security assurance processes, reduces spend on unnecessary third-party assessments, and cuts the product approval and delivery process from weeks to days
Workflow Management Integration
SDLT handles information gathering, task creation, workflow management, and business approvals and should meet with the needs of a variety of businesses that require a highly responsive security assurance process.
SDLT integrates with workflow management systems such as Jira and provides an audit trail that ensures security assurance has been built into the project delivery from the start. It can be used as part of the process to deliver or procure proof-of-concept products, Security as a Service (SaaS) applications, and scope feature revisions or bug fixes.
Privacy and Risk Assessments
Automate your assurance policies in a sharable, auditable service. Through a simple form-based interface, SDLT uses a series of questions to determine the complexity of the end product and will generate additional questionnaires such as Privacy Impact Assessments, or Cloud Risk Assessments - commonly known as the GCIO 105 - to help your teams digitally assess and record their security requirements.
The highly configurable digital platform effectively provides a single point of presence to right-size security assurance across organisations from start to finish. This ensures that all product deliveries are assessed using the same criteria from the start.
Announcing Version 3.1.1
Catalyst's development team have been hard at work adding some key new features to SDLT.
We are pleased to announce that version 3.1.1 is on the cards for release in the third week of May. Here are some of the main features planned for this release:
- Adding Collaborators to Tasks - you will now be able to add multiple SDLT users to a task. When you need other people to complete a task in the SDLT you will be able to assign it to one or multiple people
- Large exports are now emailed to administrators - when a user performs a large export (over 1000 line of .json) these are now emailed to that user
- Enhanced Audit report to link to administrative changes - you can now see what has been changed in questionnaires
- Users can add a 'Stakeholders group' to tasks. Members of the group will then be emailed when tasks are awaiting approval
- Users can now copy and paste from MSWORD to Control Validation Audit Evidence fields
- We have added supplementary messaging on questions describing how questionnaires are saved
- When the last task is approved or completed SDLT will send an email notifying submitter who can then seek approval
- Various bug fixes and minor enhancements across the board
The Catalyst SDLT can be installed, hosted and supported for a flat monthly fee. No license costs, no user limits or limits on the number of questionnaires you can host.
The standard package includes regular backup, security patching and receives the latest features as they are released at no additional cost.