Catalyst has a highly experienced Silverstripe team. Contact us today to discuss your web or digital needs.
Catalyst is a Web Services Panel member. We offer:
- Over 20 years of combined Silverstripe experience
- Dedicated cross-functional product teams including user experience, design, development, and testing in Silverstripe
- Regular Silverstripe CMS and Silverstripe Developer training, including training that can be customised to your needs
- Customer centric Agile software development methodologies
- Assistance with complex integrations including Active Directory, open data, Hilltop Software, and WebGIS
- Experience with the Common Web Platform, local government, central government and crown institutes
- Hosting on New Zealand’s own cloud infrastructure Catalyst Cloud or Common Web Platform.
Silverstripe clients at Catalyst
We like to build long-term relationships with our clients. Below are just a few of our current clients who we collaborate with.
TRC chose us to help rebuild their website from the ground up, using Silverstripe. They needed a site to provide a diverse range of information and services for people all over the Taranaki region and beyond. Read more here.
NIWA is a long term partner of Catalyst and we maintain a variety of web applications and portals that bring content and open data together.
In 2013 ESR sought out Catalyst to help redevelop several ESR online channels onto the Government Common Web Platform and we’ve been collaborating ever since.
In 2017 Catalyst refreshed the design of the ESR website by engaging with the ESR’s prospective agencies, scientists and users to provide a better user experience for these groups visiting the website.
We offer both SilverStripe CMS and Silverstripe Developer training. These courses run regularly throughout the year. Discounts apply for group bookings.
Using the Silverstripe CMS
This course is for content managers who want to know how to use the Silverstripe CMS to do common tasks such as:
- Creating and managing pages on a website.
- Creating news and events, setting up users and managing their permissions.
- Uploading and managing images, documents, and other assets.
After a short introduction, students get hands-on, practical experience in doing all the things listed in the course outline.
Read more about our CMS training.
Introduction to Silverstripe Development
This course is for developers who would like to know how to use the Silverstripe framework to build websites for both government and private sector organisations.
Students will leave the course knowing what Silverstripe is, what its out of the box features are, and practical, hands-on knowledge of how to use it to build websites.
After an introduction, students will be hands-on gaining practical knowledge and experience in many aspects of Silverstripe development, by creating a small website they can take away at the end of the day.
Read more about our developer course.
Customised Silverstripe Training
We can offer Silverstripe training customised to your needs or website. Contact Catalyst today about your training needs.
Benefits of Silverstripe
Silverstripe is a free and open source Content Management System (CMS) and web application Framework.
Together, the CMS and Framework provide an out of the box web-based administration UI that enables users to make modifications to or administer parts of a web application, including:
- user management and permissions
- easy to use content editor
- drag and drop interface for page structure, files and images.
As Silverstripe is entirely open source, the Catalyst Silverstripe team can adapt the software to your business and user needs, without forcing you into rigid and costly licensed solutions.
- Key Benefits of Silverstripe CMS:
- Open Source and free to use under BSD licence
- New Zealand developed and supported
- Over 2000 modules and add-ons
- Worldwide community of developers and widespread use in commercial and NZ government applications
- Silverstripe is stable, reliable, robust and secure
- Silverstripe is used as the Common Web Platform (CWP) content management solution for the New Zealand Government