Django intermediate (Wellington)
About the course
Django is a powerful web framework that can power any web project, from backend-heavy APIs to real-time websites. In this course you will learn how to use Django's many advanced features to build a reliable, well-performing web application.
In this training session you will learn:
- Django as an API server
- Will cover building APIs with Django Rest Framework
- Advanced querysets for fast DB access
- Will cover subqueries and aggregate queries with Django's ORM
- Async processing with Celery
- Learn about Celery and how to add Celery to a Django project, we will learn about multiple queues for short and long tasks, as well as Celery beat and Celery results.
- Using Django's cache framework to increase performance
- We will look at Django's cache framework, using Redis as a backend
- Asynchronous processing with Websockets, ASGI and Django Channels
- Will learn about ASGI, async Django, how to open web sockets, and how to send a signal from a view or Celery task to the websocket via Django channels.
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the attendees.
Those that are already using Django, but want to learn some more advanced features.
This course requires a good understanding of Python and a basic knowledge of Django.