Git Advanced (Auckland)
About the course
This course is a follow-on from the Introduction to using Git course. Learn Git's more advanced features to aid debugging and release management. You'll also learn about team workflows and how they can be improved with a focus on the collaborative nature of Git.
- Getting started
- Basic config and good configuration defaults
- Quick review of basic Git
- Personal workflows
- Unlocking achievements, making Git a bit more fun
- Context hunting / Isolate and Triage issues
- Mastering branches
- Audit work interactively
- Manage merge conflicts like a pro
- Team workflows
- Quickly setup local, network accessible repos
- Working with people who don't enjoy source control
- Clean history, rebase verses merge
- Client workflows
- The release cycle: Strategies for dealing with client requirements
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the attendees.
Anyone comfortable using Git, who wants to take their knowledge to the next level.
Attendance at the Introduction to using Git course or equivalent experience.