HTML / CSS Introduction & Intermediate (Auckland)
Attend the half day Introduction or Intermediate ($350 each), or get both completed in one day by attending both ($700)
To register for half a day, email with details course to attend.
Introduction - Course Objective
A half day of training on basic HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Starting from very simple concepts (you don't need any prior experience) we will rapidly go from nothing to styling a webpage. The course is hands on so you'll get a chance to have a go yourself, with the support you need to help you if you get stuck.
By the end you should be able to read and write some HTML and CSS and you'll have a grasp of some of the slightly less obvious underlying concepts.
- How markup works
- The basic elements of a page
- Links, images, lists
- Why do we need CSS?
- Anatomy of a CSS rule
- Types of styling we can apply
- The box model
- Display and positioning
- Workflow and debugging
- Exercise – styling a page
Anyone wishing to learn some basic HTML/CSS and gain confidence in writing or updating some existing code.
Take your CSS skills to the next level with this Intermediate level course for CSS and HTML. If you already know how to style a basic webpage but would like some more background on why CSS works as it does, plus some guidance on structuring large projects and on how to use a CSS pre-processor like SASS, this course is for you.
- Improving the way we think about layout - block formatting contexts
- Stacking contexts
- Advanced selectors
- Neat things you didn't know you could do with CSS
- Media blocks
- Upcoming CSS features like Flexbox, Regions and Web Components
- Injecting content using CSS - :before and :after
- CSS Animations
- Structuring your CSS for maintainability
- Using SASS for additional awesome
- Setting up
- Benefits of using a preprocessor
- Mixins, how do they work?
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the attendees.
You must have a solid understanding of basic CSS already to benefit from this course - IDs, classes, inheritance etcetera.