Practical TypeScript (Wellington)
The aim of this course is to provide you with enough basic knowledge and develop an understanding of how TypeScript can be applied in real world projects.
- Why TypeScript?
- The basic types
- Literal types / Union / Intersection
- Generics & Type Inferences
- Utility Types
- Typescript in action
- Must have – typings your API response
- TypeScript in the React context
- TypeScript & third-party library
- Optional chaining & nullish coalescing
- Switch exhaustiveness check
- Convert a React project to TypeScript
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the attendees.
- Basic knowledge of React is recommended. (as the exercise will be done in React)