Using the SilverStripe CMS - CWP version (Wellington)
About the course
Learn to use SilverStripe CMS to create and manage pages on your website. Create news and events, set up users and manage their permissions. Upload and manage images, documents, and other assets.
Students will leave the course with an understanding of what the Common Web Platform (CWP) version of SilverStripe is, practical knowledge of how to use the CMS to complete common tasks, as well as little tips and tricks about using the CMS.
After a short introduction, students get hands-on, practical experience in doing all the things listed in the course outline.
The Using SilverStripe CMS course will cover the following topics
- What is SilverStripe?
- What is the New Zealand Government’s Common Web Platform (CWP)?
- Standard features of SilverStripe CWP
- Overview of the CMS interface
- Uploading, organising and managing images, documents and other assets
- Creating pages, correctly locating them within the site structure
- Drafts, publishing and version history
- News and Events holder and details pages
- Managing relations with gridfields
- User forms – how to create a form to get feedback from users
- Set up CMS users and manage their permissions, create and assign roles
- Access and change site settings
- Subsites – what they are and how to manage them
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the attendees.
Anyone managing, uploading or modifying website content using SiverStripe. The course is aimed at CWP users,but much of the content can be applied to the regular version of SilverStripe.
None other than knowing the basics of how to use a computer and what a website is.