Using the Silverstripe Content Management System (Wellington)
About the course
Learn to use Silverstripe CMS v4 to create and manage pages on your website. Create news and events, set up users and manage their permissions. Upload and manage images, documents, and other assets.
Students will leave the course with an understanding of what Silverstripe is and a number of commonly used add-ons, practical knowledge of how to use the CMS, as well as some tips and tricks about using the CMS.
After a short introduction, students get hands-on, practical experience in doing all the things listed in the course outline.
The Using Silverstripe CMS course will cover the following topics
- What is Silverstripe?
- Standard features of Silverstripe CMS
- Overview of the Silverstripe CMS interface
- Managing Silverstripe campaigns
- Uploading, organising and managing images, documents and other assets
- Creating pages, correctly locating them within the site structure
- Drafts, publishing, archiving and version history
- Understanding some commonly used add-ons such as:
- News and Events holder and details pages
- Managing content relations with gridfields
- User forms – how to create a form to get feedback from users
- Subsites – what they are and how to manage them
- Manage users, as well as permissions and roles
- Access and change site settings.
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the attendees.
Anyone managing, uploading or modifying website content using the Silverstripe CMS.
None other than knowing the basics of how to use a computer and what a website is.