Introduction to Docker
Learn how to use the software containerisation platform, Docker. We'll show you where Docker can be used, how to use the Docker command line and give you an understanding of the Docker environment.
Not currently scheduled
This workshop has ended. If you would like to discuss similar upcoming workshops, please contact us at [email protected]
- The benefits of docker
- How does docker differ from virtualisation technologies?
- Understanding the components
- Dockerising applications
- Working with containers
- Get started with images
- Linking containers together
- Managing data in containers
- Using Registries and Docker Hub
- Diff, union file systems and layering
- Microservice architecture
- Use cases
- The Docker ecosystem
- Kubernetes and docker compose demo
Note: These are the topics normally covered but might alter slightly depending on the needs of the trainees.
Programmers, development teams and operations engineers who want to know about Docker, where and when it can be used.
This course assumes no prior Docker knowledge.
Course descriptionDownload the Introduction to Docker course description (pdf)
Other related course
Return to training pagesClick here to return to upcoming training pages