Moodle Educator Certification
The Moodle Educator Certification Program provides educators with a place to develop and demonstrate general digital competencies using the Moodle Learning Management System (LMS). The full MEC program consists of 22 competencies, based on the European Framework for the Digital Competence of Educators (DigCompEdu).
Monday, 4 July 2022
NZ$2,200 (excl. GST) for the 6 courses, including the formal certification from Moodle HQ on completion. Note: The formal certification costs EUR 200, and this is included in Catalyst IT (NZ)'s price.
The six MEC courses, matching the six groups of competences are asynchronous, online and facilitated by our Moodle Certified Facilitator.
- Explore assessment strategies, how to evidence learning and manage feedback to your students.
- Empowering learners
- Learn personalisation, inclusion and engagement strategies.
- Teaching and learning
- How do you ensure your learners understand the subject matter?
- Professional engagement
- Master organisational communication and leverage the benefits of professional collaboration.
- Digital resources
- Improve how you select, co-create and manage your digital assets.
- Facilitating learners' digital competence
- How do you support and encourage your learners to develop their digital skills?
MEC has been designed specifically for teachers, learning designers and learning technologists who have experience of using Moodle LMS. It is not for beginners.
MEC has been designed specifically for teachers, learning designers and learning technologists who have experience of using Moodle LMS.
Course descriptionDownload the Moodle Educator Certification course description (pdf)
Return to training pagesClick here to return to upcoming training pages