Agile management practices embrace collaboration and change, putting in place processes that encourage inspection and adaptation, teamwork, self-organisation and accountability. It enables the rapid delivery of business value, whether in software or in other fields.
Agile fundamentals is a fun, practical course suited for anyone new to Agile or those who wish to get a better understanding of its principles. The course assumes no prior knowledge. Upon completion of the course, you will receive an International Consortium for Agile Certified Professional certification (ICAgile ICP).
Tuesday, 22 November 2022
$1,850.00 per person (excl. GST)
This course covers:
- The difference between “doing” and “being” Agile
- The origins of Agile
- Differences between Waterfall and Agile approaches
- When to and when not to use Agile
- Introduction to three key Agile frameworks (XP, Kanban and SCRUM)
- Understanding the different roles on an agile project
- How user stories differ from requirements, and how they help you build what your customer actually needs
- How planning is carried out at release, iteration and task levels
- What a “retro” is and why it's important
- Is this just a software development thing? - Examples from other industries.
This is a fun, practical course, with exercises and group work, just like any good Agile project.
A key part of the course is an Agile project simulation where the participants work as a team to build a new product.
Anyone who is new to Agile, and those with some exposure to Agile who need more information and an opportunity to practice their skills. Although we use some examples from software development, this course is not specific to software development.
Course descriptionDownload the Agile Fundamentals course description (pdf)
Return to training pagesClick here to return to upcoming training pages