Koha Library Management
Koha is the world's most installed library management system. Free and open source, flexible, and easy-to-use. The continuous improvement of Koha is driven by the worldwide collective experience of hundreds of software developers, thousands of librarians, and over 18,000 libraries.
With Koha, you are assured of a library management system that is modern, flexible and future proof for libraries of all types and sizes
- Fully-featured modern library software platform
- Flexible integration options
- Access to a global community of librarians, alongside Catalyst support
- Library staff and members can access their library securely, anywhere they go
- No vendor lock-in or licensing fees
- Available in over 40 languages.
Libraries supported by Catalyst will always retain autonomy over the storage and use of their data.
Catalyst were proud to host Kohacon2020; an annual conference attended by librarians, software developers and other contributors to the project from all over the world.
Catalyst supports libraries by becoming an extension to the library team. We work together with you, your IT department and any third party vendors, to improve the library experience for both members and library staff. We offer:
- consultancy, business requirements analysis and solution design
- visual design and development services
- training for librarians and technical staff
- migration, managed hosting and support.
Koha with Catalyst support
Our team of dedicated library software experts will support your library by:
- ensuring privacy and data sovereignty issues are addressed
- being available as a flexible resource to supplement your team
- delivering results quickly and accurately when our help is needed
- taking care of software and security concerns, so your team can focus on service delivery.
Koha $1380 (NZD) / year
With our entry-level offering, you'll receive all the benefits of a secure, fully featured, professionally managed Koha, in the Catalyst Cloud. This pricing option includes the following:
- catalogue of up to 20,000 bibliographic records
- storage of up to 2 GB
- use of a mykoha.co.nz domain.
There are a few limitations at this level:
- minimal notice of upgrades
- no code customisations
- no service level guarantees.
Koha – how you like it (starting from $750 per month)
Do you want more than a fully featured, open source integrated library system? Our more extensive pricing option may include features such as:
- robust monitoring, and guarantees of service
- a comprehensive backup strategy
- integrations with other parts of your business, such as content providers, self check machines, single sign-on, and more
- a beautiful theme for your public catalogue
- your own choice of domain name
- a personalised upgrade schedule
- installation of additional software.
We love that stuff. In order to give you a price, we need a bit more information about what you have now and what you want.
A support package is a pre-purchased bundle of time which is used by Catalyst staff to provide support when requested by the library. Time can be used in many ways, such as development on your Koha instance, training sessions, advising your team and answering any questions that you may have. Days are calculated at eight working hours per day. This indicates effort rather than the duration of work.
|Number of tickets
|up to 4 hours
|Costs ex GST
† Unused hours after the end of the support timeframe will be used towards general bug fixing and feature development of Koha.
*If a Kakāpō package is open, response to urgent and critical requests is guaranteed within 1 working day.
All prices stated exclude GST. Standard terms and conditions apply.
Catalyst's commitment to Koha
The Catalyst Koha team offer a wealth of experience, expertise, and support. We are present in the Koha global community as active participants and developers, alongside the libraries we support.
Our commitment to Koha includes submitting code enhancements and fixes on behalf of the libraries we support, taking on release management and maintenance roles, setting up Debian packaging to make upgrading safe and easy, and overseeing a yearly intake of Catalyst Academy high school students and university summer interns.
Contact our dedicated Koha team any time
+64 4 803 2259